Hardwood is one of the most popular flooring options today, and for good reason. Hardwood flooring is beautiful and timeless in a way that is hard to match. If your Cleveland home is in need of warmth and character, hardwood floors are the perfect choice. But like any flooring option, hardwood has its own pros and cons, so you should be sure to do research before buying. To get you started, here are some tips from Floor Coverings International Cleveland East:
Hardwood Flooring Considerations
- Hardwood has a classic, versatile look that adds warmth to any room. Its neutrality makes it easier to pair with furniture and décor than carpet.
- Hardwood floors are incredibly resilient. With proper care, they can last for decades. Though they may be scratched or dented over time, solid wood floors can be refinished multiple times to make them look new again.
- Hardwood flooring is generally low-maintenance. Sweeping and vacuuming are the easiest ways to keep hardwoods clean on a regular basis, but you can also use floor cleaner to give them polish and shine. If a spill occurs, simply wipe it up right away to avoid damaging your floors.
- Unlike carpet, hardwood does not trap dust and allergens, so it is better for your home’s air quality and your family’s health.
- Hardwood is vulnerable to moisture and humidity, so it is not appropriate for bathrooms and other wet areas. Also, if exposed to pools of water (as in a leak), wood boards can warp and deteriorate.
- Hardwood flooring can be a bit noisy to walk on. If this is a concern, use area rugs to soften and absorb sound.
- Hardwood flooring can be pricey, depending on the material and finishes. If you are on a tight budget, you may want to consider a cheaper alternative such as laminate.
Call Floor Coverings International Cleveland East to get a free in-home estimate on hardwood flooring. Our team will work with you to determine the best choice for your Cleveland home. We look forward to meeting you!
Photo Credit: PhotoSerg